BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reflection

Through this ICT in Biology class, I learn how to use a data logging, simulation and modeling. From data logging, I learn the new technique how to teach student by using the Engage, Empower and Enhance model. By doing engage, I’m become a creative person that need me to think and create a situation that are related to the topic of certain subject that I will be used for teaching. In empower, I learn how to planning and conduct my experiment suitable for the situation that I created. I need to analyze my data or result for the discussion. Likewise, in enhance model, as my experience doing this engage, empower and enhance model, I can see student would improve their scientific knowledge and applying the theory they had learnt from this experiment. Thus, to know the knowledge or concept that student got from this experiment; I need to create another situation to observe whether student understands or not for this topic.

    Further, by implementing this model I got many values. I become more analytical, creative and innovative person. I gain a lot of knowledge through this model and more understand the topic that I learn. However, I also face some difficulties of implementing this model. Since this is my first time using this model as a teaching tool I need more time to adapt with this new techniques. Moreover, I’m still lack of information regarding this model.

    In my opinion, data logging, simulation, and modeling is really suitable and useful tool that can be used to address student’s problem in learning. By using this application, students can be more understand the topic clearly especially in difficult topic. This application also gives a teacher the easy technique how to elicit the basic knowledge of student about the topic that they taught. Student also can use the application as a model of professionalism to guide them in learning process. For example, the student learnt the topic about boiling and freezing point in chemistry subject. They can use a modeling application that can show them the process of binding an atom or molecules, where this process can not be seen by naked eyes. If student used a simulation application to this topic, they can more understand to relate the temperature with the movement of atom because students can change many variables at one time. Moreover, students can used a data logging to record their data in boiling and freezing point experiment. The data that they got is more accurately compared than they do not using this data logging. Consequently, this will make their learning become easier and enhance their information in technology skill. Thus, the student gets an effective learning by using all this application.

    I am foreseeing some of the problems in integrating the uses of this application because it is still new and most of the students are not disclosed in this tool as a teaching tool. They may be having a negative perspective to this technique because it involved the using of technology. They think all the thing that relate to the using of technology is frivolous and hard to learn. So, as a teacher, I must be a starter to introduce them with this application and to make this happen, I’m must have good information about all this application and change their negative perspective.

    I have a suggestion to overcome this problem through the cooperation between teacher and student to use this application as their teaching and learning tool. This application is new and actually is attractive to discover. ICT has a good potential in learning process, ICT can provide more individualized learning, compensate for disabilities and provide new opportunities to access information and services.

0 comments: